Founder, Cambridge based Robert Stewart, in 1989 aged 23 founded the award winning specialist global polythene supplier, Stevenage Packaging Limited.
Now in its 31st year, the company has demonstrated 30 years consecutive net profit and sales growth, whilst never making a redundancy & employing three family generations.
Robert and his company have won a number of regional awards: New Business Enterprise Award, Against All Odds Award, Employee of the Year Award and Robert has won Business Person of the Year Award.
Robert Stewart began his career in the extrusion & conversion of industrial polythene over three decades ago:
- Founded Stevenage Packaging Limited. He is recognised as a pioneer & engineer of eco-friendly thin film technology within the industry through R&D work started in the 1980’s.
- Has personally audited more than 100 different extrusion, print & conversion plants throughout the UK, mainland Europe, the Far East & the Americas - this global breadth and depth of experience is unique within the industry.
- Led proven rationalisation and standardisation application audits of polythene products through the UK in different market sectors using latest technology from around the globe.
- As the company heads into its 4th decade, Robert's main responsibility is global supply chain management, overseeing the rapidly growing eight figure polythene packaging annual spend.
In the fitness sector Robert founded Genetics Gymnasium Ltd in Stevenage aged 26 in 1992, which after a dynamic period of high profitable growth he subsequently sold to Marco Goldschmied, business partner of Lord Richard Rogers in 1994.
Robert acquired Happy Mechanics Limited in 2010 - a specialist accountancy practice and in its first year under his leadership the company has achieved 2,250% growth, making it one of the fastest growing companies in the UK in 2011.
Previously under the brand of "The Differentiator.com", Robert has coached and mentored a number of SMEs in True Customer Love, Differentiating Through Culture, Family Business Success and His Inspirational Business Life Story.
Stevenage Packaging Ltd are founder members of The Stevenage Community Trust, a charity working in the local community established 28 years ago in 1990 to raise funds and promote charitable giving in order to enhance the quality of life of people living in the area. Robert is the third Chairman preceded by Ken Follett and Lord David Cobbold and has been a trustee for 15 years.
Robert founded the volunteer only charity Uniqueness 15 years ago in 2003 and has personally spoken to over 6,000 students and works on a one-to-one basis with, young, prolific & persistent offenders.
Uniqueness sponsored Tony Franklin's not for profit organisation, Time2Change who specifically work with prolific & persistent offenders.
Uniqueness works closely with the Princes Trust, YMCA and the Hertfordshire Police.
In 2018 Robert was recognised for his work in the community and awarded a Paul Harris Fellowship award from The Rotary Club - for 'Service above Self'. There have been over a million recipients worldwide including President Jimmy Carter and Boris Yeltsin.
- Barclays Bank PLC
"I just wanted to thank you personally for giving up your valuable time at the Roadshow last Friday & for the very entertaining & motivating 'Rob Stewart Story'. The feedback has been fantastic."
- The Princes Trust
"I am writing to thank you for presenting the major awards. The bucket story was inspirational.
- Business Link Hertfordshire
"Robert is a true local entrepreneur, who inspires others through speaking about his experiences and dreams. He is passionate about what he does and shares the belief that the entrepreneurial spirit cuts across all cultures and faiths."
- The Independent Opticians Annual Convention
Rob Stewart, our keynote was inspirational, grasping the intricacies of a complex industry like optics and developing the sort of insight he did takes a special kind of skill. Doing that and holding an audience is pure genius. If you ever get the chance to hear Rob, take it.